General Information about Pigeons
- A single pigeons can deposit over 11 kilograms of droppings per year.
- Pigeons have a lifespan of up to 4 years, and reproduce year round.
- Pigeon droppings are a source of disease and bird glue.
- Pigeon control through poison is often unsuccessful, as remaining pigeons do not leave and the extra food available attracts more.
Prevent Pigeons from Entering Your Home
- Seal all entry locations: pigeons love to nest in buildings of any type, and will nest in high up locations that are out of reach of most predators.
- Don't feed the pigeons: pigeons will always return in greater numbers if a nourishing food supply is found. As they are scavenger birds, they will attempt to eat almost anything available.
Evict Pigeons from Your Property
- For roof tops and ledges, pigeons spikes can keep them from landing and depositing droppings on the surrounding area.