- They feed off of insects, berries, tree sap and vegetable matter.
- Woodpeckers can live up to 11 years.
- Will nest in nooks and crannies in trees or wooden buildings.
- When living in groups, they can become very territorial and cause a large amount of damage.
Stop Woodpeckers from Nesting
- Monitor around your home for signs of woodpecker damage. Wood peckers are attracted to insects inside structures and will often peck around the edges of siding to get at them.
- Reflective objects will deter woodpeckers. But only for so long. Woodpeckers can get used to many visual deterrents after prolonged exposure.
Birch Fumigators can help you control a woodpecker problem and help advise on how to keep your home safe from the damage they cause.